You know how some words just sound dirty, even though they’re not? Yeah, I get that it’s sophomoric, but I still get a chuckle out of it.
Here are the top 10 results from a discussion on the (sometimes sophomoric) website Reddit.com yesterday, to come up with the best words that are totally clean but sound filthy.
1. Uvula. That’s the thing that hangs down in the back of your throat.
2. Kumquat. It’s a fruit, you pervert. Sort of like a small orange.
3. Dongle. You know, the little plug-in devices for your computer.
4. Rectory. The residence for a priest. Which makes it even dirtier.
7. Coccyx. (Pronounced cock-six.)
9. Flagellum. That’s the little tail on microscopic cells.
10. Angina. A heart condition that gives you chest pain.